Tuesday, December 2, 2014

End of the Road for Invincible Love of Reading

For those of you who have been following my review blog, Kurt's Frontier, I regret that I must inform you that the site that publishes Kurt's Frontier, Invincible Love of Reading will be ceasing taking reviews at the end of 2014. Once the December reviews are posted, Melissa Frye, affectionally known as Missy, will cease to up date the site, but will leave it up for the foreseeable future. She has been struggling with health issues, and after wrestling with the issue, made the correct decision that her health and writing needed to take priority. Missy has done an outstanding job with Invincible Love of Reading.

Missy invited me to do science fiction and fantasy reviews in February of 2014. I had been writing reviews of Amazon and Barnes & Noble for a number of years. In 2013, I discovered Goodreads and began posting there as well. I had been resisting getting into social networking, but as I became an author, I was told that it is a help in marketing the books. I didn't realize what other benefits could crop up. My first review was one of my favorite books by one of my favorite authors, the late Andre Norton's Forerunner Factor.

I've been astounded that people actually have sought me out for reviews, and a little humbled. I try to review what comes my way because, as a new author myself, I know how vital reviews can be to success. I have enjoyed ever minute of it.

So what happens now? I will continue to do reviews on Goodreads and other sites. I am hoping that someone who runs a review site similar to Invincible Love of Reading will take an interest in my reviews. However, Invincible Love of Reading has been one of the highlights of my literary career, and I will always be grateful that I was given the chance and honored that people thought my reviews were of value to them.

I wish Missy all the best and hope her health improves. I will keep everyone informed of my status.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear this Kurt. Reviews are so valuable to all of us writers and to readers as well. I am amazed that you have the time to work, write and do so many reviews. People are always looking to have their work reviewed. I should think there will be no shortage for you! :)

    ReplyDelete